Monday, August 10, 2009

Tanhayeeeeeeee Tanhayeeeeeeeee

Abhi kuch der pehle , as I was thinking to write some tips for my IT guys, on - "How to spend time when u r on bench" , one of my old friend buzzed me on Gtalk. Now , when I say old , it does not mean that he was born before the steam engine was invented , but I had not talked to him over the last atleast three years. So overcome by jazbaat and emotions , we talked about old school days , the teachers , some current haal chaal and other such heart warming issues ( A lot of issues and topics have been beeped out . Bahu betiyan bhee padti hai na yeh blog :P).Then he asked me for my cel no. and then he called me. We talked for about forty minutes . I could have talked more but then his dad is not yet into smuggling charas/brown sugar/garam masala and he very clearly said "Chal saale.Ab fone rakhne de.Isse jyada baat kari tho papa meri khaal utaar ke bech denge." Not very pleased with the thought of my friend's skin being sold in some market with a stallwaala yelling "Indian khaal Indian Khaal , sirf teen rupye per square metre", I agreed.

But long after I kept down the phone , one question which he casually asked to me during the conversation, kept goonjing (self invented word) in my ears - " Yaar Anuj , tera jaisa banda vahan reh kaise sakta hain ? Tujhe dekh kar tho lagta hai jaise tune paida hote hee nurse se gappe maarna shuru kar dia tha..tu rehta kaise hai pune mein ?" Now , the guy does have a point . Aaj main kasam khaake admit karta hoon that it has not been an easy time for me in pune over the last six months ( Ek tho yeh six months bada hee khatarnaak time frame hota hai, sunte hee mind mein college k semester ki awaaz aane lagti hain).

I have been staying in an ajnabee shehar , in a land where I am thousands of miles away from a single soul who actually cares , in a place where I am no more than a north indian . And all this has taught me one thing , it is this - Do not take the 'saath' of your family for granted . Yeh jo aapke mummy , papa , bhai , behan hai na , inn logo ka saath ek saaye ki tarah hota hai, jiska ehsaas tabhi hota hai jab aap dhoop mein nikalte hain (wha wha kya line likhi hai , jeeyo anuj jeeyo).For many of you , it would be so normal to hear your mother calling for you with a "Aao beta , khaana kha lo" . It would be so normal to watch a cricket game on the TV with your dad sitting besides you .

But all this seems as precious as World bank locker ka password, once you move away from home. Beta door yahan vada-paav aur bhel-puri ke desh mein jab office se wapas aaoge , when no one will be around to care if you are seven minutes away from dying a maut due to starvation , when you have to watch TV without ur family, then you realise what a family means .So while you are with your family , cherish every moment like, walk into the kitchen and try to pick up a hot parantha while your mommy scolds "kuute ! Thanda tho hone de !" . Watching TV with your family. Fight with your brother/sister over silly topic (Mere case main nahi coz main to ek loota vaaris hun puri jayedat ka :P). Because kya pata , kal ho na ho. (oye hoye ,post main senti touch dalne main to im xxxxtremly gud.)

But some good things have also popped out of this tanhayi tanhayi ki mp3 which has been playing in my life over the last six months . Umm..like I have learnt to be comfortable with myself. I can spend 120 years in a dark locked up room all alone now, although the company of any girl would not be a problem . I can proudly claim to be a man who can prepare tea , bread-jam sandwiches and a thick brown liquid which I call coffee . And I have learnt to eat lot of stuff which is called "hari sabjiyan (ghiya/tinda/tori....)" which looks more like Fried Ostrich balls (Eyeballs, ganda hi sochoge) floating in the blood, so mummy aab se aapko mere liye alag se kuch banana nahi padegaa and And I have ironed enough shirts, tshirts, trousers, jeans and other chote chote kapde, to feel proud of myself :P . I have also learnt to wash clothes n clean dishes. So with all these qualities i can say that i m the
male version of a sundar , susheel and tikau bhartiya wife . And my marathi vocabulary has grown to a healthy four words now ( One of them is an abusive word . Self defence ke liye collection mein rakha hain ) . So, I can actually hold a conversation with a marathi for a minimum of seven seconds using my highly developed sign language skills and hmmm... andd... bas. Anyway, thanks 4 reading all my bakwaas jo main khali beethe likhta rheta hun.

1 comment:

  1. Gr8 man, really nice and heart touching post.Family se door wala point toh bahut touching tha,and the style was still humourous.
    I really liked the post.

    ReplyDelete