Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boyfrnd/Girlfrnd = Faltoo tension

A guy and a girl seated around a table. The guy pulls out a box of chocolates from his bag.

Scenario 1 -

Guy ( handing over the box to the girl ) – Hey , I got this for you , I guess you like chocolates.

Girl – Oh, Thank you ! I love them.

Girl thinks – Ueee ma, it would be fun eating all of these chocolates. Ek ek ko chaba daalungi.Calorie consciousness gayi tel lene

Scenario 2 -

Guy ( handing over the box to the girl ) – Hey , I got this for you , I guess you like chocolates.

Girl – Oh, Thank you ! I love them.

Girl thinks – Ueee ma , I am again accepting gifts from him , but over the last three weeks, he has been a little thanda. Since the time that new girl start speaking with him, he has not been in his normal self. See , even the chocolates he has gifted are Cadburys, why could not he gift me those Swiss ones….maybe he hates me now. Hell, I am so scared now, these chocolates look as tasty as a Dettol soap to me.

And it makes me appreciate a simple guy-gal frndship, rather than a girlfrnd-boyfrnd vali frndship. I mean , the “expectations/possession” ka funda sucks, when a girl is your girlfriend and not just a friend is one wierd issue , atleast with a ‘tension-nahi’ types insaan like me. I mean, I gifted her chocolates because she is a friend, and I wanted her to have fun gobbling them up, and thats it. And this kind of relation is so simple , natural and free of feelings and free of assumed expectations. But the moment a ‘proposal and acceptance’ takes place between a guy and a girl, things are transformed. Suddenly the girl, who was a friend till yesterday is a girlfriend.

Example se samjhata hun....Till last Sunday, Rahul (naam to suna hoga) and ummmm... Dia (Dia mirza nahi be) were classmates in college. Rahul called Dia his friend. Then Rahul proposed and Dia accepted. Now Rahul calls Dia “My girl”. I mean ,yeh “My girl” kya hota hai, yeh koi cycle hai, ki “my cycle” ?

Then if Dia decide to go out for a lunch with her ‘barso ka dost’ vineet, Rahul narrows his eyes and asks her “Tera koi chakkar hai kya uske saath?” and promises to throw export quality acid on her if the answer is yes.If Rahul does not send Dia a bunch of fresh roses on the anniversary of the day they first met in the college lab, Dia calls him up in the evening, says Hello, then some bla bla n ends up with “You are not the same, Rahul” followed by a slamming down of the phone. And Hanuman Jee na kare, if Dia goes out to shop and spots Rahul riding his bike with a pretty girl on the backseat, she will throw dangerously heavy things at Rahul till he shows her the birth certificate of that girl to prove that it was his sister, he was going to drop at her maths tution classes.

I mean, dekho jee, I have no experience of having a girlfriend, and considering my state of existence, I don’t think I will have girlfrnd vala experience in this life. But to my underdeveloped dimaag, a simple friendship is a very delightful relationship to have. Maybe all these complications between Rahul and Dia would not happen, and they will trust each other and that is very comforting and kaleje ko thanda karne wali thought. But I guess it is cool to let feelings grow naturally without the thing of “having to do it”. A true feeling needs no promise, and no promise can make an untrue feeling survive, so why promise and build expectations and lead to unfulfilled ones ?

You can yell “sour grapes, sour grapes” for me now. Infact, I am such a girlfriend-less guy, that even a forest of sour grapes may seem to be the reason behind my thinking. Maybe I am just too immature to handle all the responsibility and promises, a commitment demands. But in my opinion, one can be more easy, be a lot more frank, and a lot more natural with a girl who is just happy to see a box of chocolates instead of worried over some new girl with the colored hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment