Thursday, August 6, 2009

Experiencing death

Have you ever felt what it feels like when you know you are going to die in the next few minutes? When you realize the next few minutes will be the last of your life? When you know you are meeting death and you are completely helpless? I am sure you haven't.And I really pray that you dont have to ever.Because what I experienced on 15th July 2009, I wont ever forget in my entire life.I thought it was all over,that I was going to die in the next few minutes.

15th July 2009 - I was coming back very late (11'O clock) from my office .As it was already 11, so transportation was not so gud at such a time in Pune and now i put icing on the cake....it was also raining :P hehe. One of my office colleague dropped me half the way to my flat, from where i have to walk towards nearby bus terminal which was about 1km away.As i was walking on the pavement, three drunk men approached me, one pointed a knife at me, another held me by collar and asked me something in marathi, i told them that i dont know marathi and then one of them asked “jo kuch bhi hai nikal jaldi”. Not having any another option i took out my wallet and hand it over to them. I was scared bcoz i knew some incidents happened in Pune where people have been killed even after having handed over everything to such thugs. They took out 600 bucks from it and asked me - "ghadi(watch) or mobile nikal.....aur paise nahi hain kya?".All of a sudden the three started looking back and started speaking amongst themselves in Marathi. As i looked back, i saw 4 persons were coming towards our side. By this time, they withdrew their stronghold on me. I was out of my mind , completely blank, dont know what to do now. As I came out of the shock i just pray to the God for my life n for the step which i was taking, to took advantage of the situation. I grabbed my wallet from that thief, pushed the one on my right strongly and then ran for my life. I ran for abt 1Km without looking back. While running, different thoughts starts coming to my mind bcoz i know that now if they able to catch me then i m gone, they ll not gonna leave me. Pictures of all those who r close to me start coming in front of me and than tears welled up in my eyes. The feeling that what ll happen to my parents if I die today was the worst feeling in my life ever. And then I thought of all my closed ones.All my friends whom I love so much. I really cant explain the feeling. I want each n everyone of them in those pictures to appear suddenly in front of me bcoz I wanna hug them and just wanted them to know that how much I luv u guys before I die. I dont ever want to leave you people without ever telling you how special you all are to me. Soon i saw one check post,i entered it and saw 3-4 policemen drinking. I told them about this, they said let’s go and find them.But till than there was no sign of them. Then I asked the policemen to accompany me back home, and so they did.

I was so near to death.Experiencing death come so close to me was terrifying. That incident make me realize that I love my life! There's barely anything that I have seen till now, there's so much I still wanna see, so much I still wanna live,so many people I am yet to meet,so many adventures I am yet to experience.I didnt want to die so soon.And I didnt want to die without telling my luved ones how much i love them and adore them. How much they mean to me. And as I write this tears again well up in my eyes. You never know whats gonna happen the next moment. You might just die the next moment. It happened with me it could have happend with anybody.So pls pls pls do tell all the people you love how special they are to you,what difference they have made in your life.Dont wait,just do it today because the next moment may never come.I used to read stuff like this in forwaded emails,but now that I have exprienced the next moment "not existing" I can actually understand it (kuch jayada senti nahi maar di maine ? I m sure u all will wet ur sofa with ur tears and cry out “Ab bass bhee kar , aur kitna rulayega” hehe :P).

So from there i move on..to a new tommorow, to a new day, to a new sunrise (But yaar saala Pune main sunrise hi nahi hota due to rain & clouds hehe :P ) and lastly I want to thank god for giving me life again,for telling me how precious it is,for making me value it much more than what I used to earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment