Friday, October 23, 2009

Experiment

Alrighty, so its been a while and i have some more feelings that need to be disposed. For the past few weeks, I've been carrying, a sort of experiment, you could say. I don't make the effort to talk to my friends, to call them, whatever. It's because when I did try extremely hard to stay close with them, I was pushed aside by the them as if they dont care.

I noticed something though, people want you more when you act like you don't care. Although the basis for my experiment was that I had heard that it was human behaviour to want something you can't have; I did not neccessarily think of it as true. But some of my friends that I had so long ago drifted apart from, and the very same that I so desperately tried to cling onto, came crawling back. They wanted to talk to me, they wanted to be in my life, they wanted me to know about their lives and same vice versa. At first, I was in shock, could this truly be? Could this silly little idea I had heard, actually be true? I had my evidence in front of me and I finally realized how to keep my friends with me. And then I realized something, it's the same in relationships. When you try to hold on to your loved ones, they want to move further and further away; but if you keep yourself a little distant from them, they don't want to leave your side (most times).

Now, this is not always true. I'm not saying that this theory is always correct. By me distancing myself from my loved ones, I had a lot to lose. What if they had not wanted to love me as much as I did them? What if they thought "good riddance" and forgot about me? I realized it was a chance, that had to be taken; and I did. Now, I'm not telling you to go out there and stop talking to everyone you adore because I'm telling you to. I'm telling you to cherish what you've got but, at the same time, don't cherish it too much. There's an old saying and it goes something like this "Don't make someone your everything, because when they leave, you'll be left with nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment