Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kya main mar k swarg main aa gaya?

Yes this was the first question that arises in my mind when I saw them. Two elderly men dressed decently with a comparatively younger woman and talking in so called a dead language, a language which has bound its limits to manuscripts like Bhagvad Gita and Mahabharata etc. A language that we hear only in temples or in marriages now. Yes they were talking in SANSKRIT!!! “Am I travelling in some time machine or am I dreaming???” But neither was true. I was in Delhi Metro and not dreaming for sure (as the sound of jhig-jhig of passengers over the seats and the melodious voice of the lady - 'Doors will open on the left...pls mind the gap’ kept me awake).

And still if u don’t believe me then YES! They were speaking in SANSKRIT……indeed. My Sanskrit skills can’t betray me at least in recognizing the language (I still remember patha- pathe- pathanti and thi thah anthi etc..etc). I was so amazed that I became numb at least for 5 seconds if not more. Their speaking accent was so natural without any slightest hint of show-off (that we do often when surrounded by people like in train and in public places…its human nature err Indian nature…and we can’t help it out or we don’t want to help it out…..WHATEVER) that I had to put my earplugs without any song (I didn’t want to look at them like a fool for listening to our ancestral language).

I was still wondering from which planets they are from and I decided to approach the Bhagwan for the solution of my confusion and to get enlightened. So as I reached home, i took out my lappy and typed the Bhagwan’s address: www.google.com. And as usual GOOGLE Bhagwan didn’t let me down and within 0.16 seconds he enlightened me with the answers. And I swear at that time I really felt proud to be an Indian and of our past (not the ANGREJI HUKUMAT wala past). According to GOOGLE Bhagwan, they were not aliens and they belong to our country itself. There are three to four villages in Shimoga district in Karnataka where Sanskrit is still used as a daily language…in shops, in banks, in market and at home. Deep down inside a sudden respect overflowed for the people of Shimoga who still are preserving our ancestral language without any demands.

So why don’t we or our government knows about it or why these villages didn’t get any special recognition??? That’s bcoz we Indians are like the parrots, who only knows to make a fuss about our past and its glory. We r experts in doing the mouth job only. We accept and develop only those things which are wrapped in a Western packet. No need to explain these things. A simple and most common example is YOGA. Some years back when it was pure Indian and was called YOGASAN, nobody cares about it. Then it went to the West and returned in Western style without its tail and called as YOGA and now we took it seriously and started to praise its goodness and benefits (Damn us Indians!!!). Now it has become a status symbol. If u have money u should do YOGA and all those kinda stuffs (I have told u before…we r the experts in show-off). Videshis are not like us. They grab and explore and enjoy (definitely they do not copy) other cultures but they keep their culture and language first at the place where it should be.

Once I met a German guy Erich (or Erick or Erique….whatever I don’t know how Germans spell their names…its complicated…the name was pronounced like ERIK) in the train (Pune to Delhi). After introduction and all I was about to ask something; the same regular question: did u like India and all but my mind is full of crap as u know so I changed my question to a really f**king one and that was: what did u not like in India??? He gave me a puzzled look for a moment and then became normal and he told me that he doesn’t like our SHOW-OFF (of course not the same words…but indirectly he meant it… indeed). He asked me why do we talk in a mixed language in cities (he meant Hindi+English, Any other local language+English), and why do we start to sing a song in English when sitting beside a foreigner??? And I had no perfect answer so I gave him some convincible yet inconvincible answers and changed the topic. Later I thought that he was right…damn right. We really start to show-off and end up with looking like fools to them.

They come here to visit India and its culture and they see something else. If everybody in the world starts to speak same language or wear same cloths and eat same food then why the hell one needs to go to some other place for refreshment and enjoyment. The world will be boring and we should understand it. The worst condition is of Indian city girls…they start to chatter in English or more correctly in HINGLISH when they see someone around and believe me they really look like morons to me (and to a lot of guys too). Anyways...at last the two final words for the Trio and the people of the 3 villages of Shimoga district: HATS OFF

1 comment:

  1. bhai serious ho gaya.... ab mujhe kaun hassayega? ...
    haha... achhi post hai!!! keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete